Author Topic: out of system resources  (Read 76 times)

Offline MikeRD03

• Contributor
out of system resources
« on: September 02, 2024, 10:34:13 AM »
Hi, I am running into more and more problems with errors messages reading "out of system resources". This error messages come up many dozend times and you only can click OK. I need to kill the task to clear the situation.
It happens from time to time and basically instantly with PAR collections with file sizes above 1GB. The problem arises while downloading collections during the PAR check.
The error message is misleading because system resources can't be the problem. The machine is a eight core Ryzen with 32GB memory. And there is plenty of memory free.
Had this problem with older versions but getting much worse with 48.3
Has anyone an idea what's going wrong?

Thanx, Mike

Offline Rdl

• Administrator
Re: out of system resources
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2024, 11:09:45 AM »
Alt.Binz is 32bit program, so your 32GB doesn't mean that much. Limit for 32bit programs is 2GB or 3GB if LAA is enabled for executable. Can you send me nzb with problematic par2 set? What is your reported mem usage in taskmanager for altbinz process at the time of showing error?
How many collections do you have in queue?
What is the size of memory cache in setup->Download #3->Article caching? I keep that to 500MB/5min
« Last Edit: September 02, 2024, 11:12:27 AM by Rdl »

Offline MikeRD03

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2024, 12:05:46 PM »
Hi Rdl, thanx for your reply. Find attached the files you are asking for plus a screenshot with system resources monitor when the crash occurs.
There is just one collection present when error messages start. Memory usage is way below 2GB limit. See screenshot.
Cache size is set to maximum (2000MB)
Regarding LAA. How can it be enabled in actual 48.4 version? I remember earlier there were special LAA version, but can not find that anymore.
Wouldn't it be possible to compile a 64bit version for larger file which seams to become normal more and more?

Mike

here the nzb file: https://we.tl/t-gA34kLgiA0

Offline MikeRD03

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2024, 12:19:51 PM »
Update: when setting Cache size to a much smaller value (1000MB) the NZB file above download and unpack OK ! This may be a good hint. Mike

Offline Rdl

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2024, 04:10:48 PM »
Even 1000MB can get you in trouble with large queue. To be safe, lower it further more. 500MB should be ok. But with files you're downloading ~2GB, even 2000MB is not enough. HDD will get trashed either way.
Some general rule for cache is 2.5 x average file size in collection. But everything has it limits and 500MB is mine :)

Regarding LAA - https://www.altbinz.net/forum/new-alt-binz-versions/alt-binz-0-48-2/msg32817/#msg32817
It's easy, download lla_toggle.exe, Put it int altbinz folder, close altbinz, run in command prompt "lla_toggle.exe altbinz.exe". Verify LAA status, answer with yes and that is it. You can run command once again to verify if LAA is enabled and answer with no.

64bit is not possible on old compiler I'm using now - Delphi 7. But I'm trying to switch to new one. Based on number of new users (or lack of), I'm not sure if it's worth going to so much trouble...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2024, 04:26:24 PM by Rdl »